Re: certifications

From: Samjack (device_at_null.com)
Date: 10/24/04

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:48:18 -0500

Unfortunately in today's environment those positions are few and far
between. There is such a glut of IT related people that companies don't
differentiate between someone like you and say a straight programmer or
straight network engineer. So they are expecting any old "computer" guy can
do any combination of tasks and pay according to the thousands of out of
work IT people they can pick from. I have similar experience, CISSP and a
myriad of other certifications. I have not gotten one interview in 2 years
of looking though I am currently employed. Also that I found factors into
that is your location. So many of the out work people are around they will
not even look at your resume unless your address is in town with the seeking
company.

Oh sure, there is no outsourcing wave or jobless issues. Yeah right.