Re: Best AV prog for XP = KAV 5 right?

From: Carl Farrington (carl_at_000compsup000.net.invalid)
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:24:21 +0100

Bart Bailey wrote:
> I've been using Norton Ghost for years because it fits on the same
> floppy as my Boot2DOS files.

Oh and BTW, one of it's features is a "Bootable Rescue Media Builder" which
will create a bootable CD (and I think floppies too) that takes you into a
umm.. kind of DOS version (I have to admin i haven't used it. I simply fired
up the Menu.exe which impressed my quite a lot. I just didn't want to down
the machine to look at the non-windows thing (not sure if it is DOS or just
a direct run-from-itself bootloader type thing)

As I said, eMule will get you an acceptable try-before-you-buy. (i.e. the
full version, but this is against copyright law)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best AV prog for XP = KAV 5 right?
    ... > floppy as my Boot2DOS files. ... Oh and BTW, one of it's features is a "Bootable Rescue Media Builder" which ... kind of DOS version (I have to admin i haven't used it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: SAMBA configuration - Machine name
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How : Dos Operator works in win32.
    ... >something related to windows ntfs drivers not with kernel itself. ... >BTW, who said that win32 is equal to DOS, come on it was relevent ... >question of DOS too. ...
  • Re: SAMBA configuration - Machine name
    ... BTW. ... You can use the hosts file on the dos ... box to associate the name of the linux box with its ip. ...
    (Fedora)