Re: Secure File Transport

From: Colin McKinnon (colin.thisisnotmysurname_at_ntlworld.deletemeunlessURaBot.com)
Date: 10/05/04

    Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:35:17 GMT

    Michel Bardiaux spilled the following:

    > Omegamon wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings All,
    >>
    >> I am looking for guidance in finding a product that will
    >> allow me to collect data in a secure manner. I have a large
    >> number of suppliers that I currently push/pull data to/from
    >> with ftp. Ideally, the product will support sftp and https
    >> as well as perhaps have a client that may allow restartability
    >> of transfers as well as providing indicators specifying
    >> guaranteed delivery.
    >
    > rsync with flag '-c'

    I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. For
    simply moving files around though (without installing software on other
    peoples machines) I use curl scripted with PHP (but there's no reason not
    to use Python, Ruby, bash...or even something as esoteric as Perl) to
    script it. Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've
    never really liked sftp anyway).

    For push mirroring over FTP, I like PushSite - but then I'm biased - I wrote
    it. http://pushsite.sourceforge.net has some links to other replication
    tools.

    HTH

    C.

    • Re: Secure File Transport
      ... the product will support sftp and https ... I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. ... Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: Secure File Transport
      ... the product will support sftp and https ... I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. ... Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've ...
      (comp.unix.misc)
    • Re: Secure File Transport
      ... the product will support sftp and https ... I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. ... Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH/SCP question: Does it do "reget"?
      ... when the connection fails. ... Maybe I will look into using either lftp or rsync. ... The sftp protocol does support getting arbitrary chunk of files. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: Does sftp or scp gaurentee delivery?
      ... >> Does anyone know if scp or sftp ensures that a transfer is complete. ... which uses the rsync protocol to duplicate the files instead of the ... option to rsync. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)