Re: freeware anti virus products

From: Frank Slootweg (this_at_ddress.is.invalid)
Date: 09/14/04

    Date: 14 Sep 2004 15:29:51 GMT

    Tx2 <this.might.be@n.invalid.address.com> wrote:
    > In article <2qodbdF113p3qU1@uni-berlin.de>, snoma01@bigfoot.com, a.k.a
    > Sachi Noma says...
    >
    > > Can someone comment on freeware anti virus products like AVG and Avast?
    >
    > They're free; expect nothing that might be considered wholly reliable.
    >
    > If you can budget for circa 30 uk pounds per annum, get yourself NOD32
    > www.eset.com
    >
    > At those kinds of prices per annum, i don't quite understand why anyone
    > would consider a free solution?

      Well, at least for avast! the quality of the main function, i.e. virus
    scanning/prevention, is the same as for their commercial/business
    versions. See their website (<http://www.avast.com>) for details.

      Also I sense a free == bad tone in your posting, which IMNSHO is a
    rather limited and often incorrect view. OTOH, you post via
    news.individual.net, so you apparently do not think that all free
    solutions are bad! :-)

    • freeware anti virus products
      ... Can someone comment on freeware anti virus products like AVG and Avast? ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: freeware anti virus products
      ... Ive never had a virus with AVG ... > Can someone comment on freeware anti virus products like AVG and Avast? ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: What Anti-Virus w/Win 7 beta?
      ... But Avast seems to be running well at the moment. ... OneCare will be dropped later this year and a free solution ... ~ The Salton Sea ...