Re: Best 'ware to stop registry changes ... ?

From: Shane (arthursixpence_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:34:35 +0100

"Julian Moss" <julian@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:2odsalF9l4iiU2@uni-berlin.de...
> Thomas Lee wrote:
>
>> Rubbish. While Linux can be secured, it's not a magic panacea.
>
> Quite right. Windows can also be secured. Most of these problems would
> go away if people didn't run their machines all the time using accounts
> with administrator privileges.

You sound like you don't think anyone uses 9x anymore. Besides, running XP
except as an Admin is about as interesting as using an abacus. Which would
also work.

Shane

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Seagate Clunk Of Death
    ... major consequences. ... In this regard Linux is worse than Windows. ... I'd say 7's post was not just rubbish but utter FUD ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Linux, over hyped by the Linux community, discuss.
    ... Rubbish, that's one of the main advantages of Linux. ... re-install Windows because of some virus or malware. ... When I started with Linux, I had the impression that it was some sort of impenetrable shield against malware of all forms. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux, over hyped by the Linux community, discuss.
    ... When I started with Linux, ... malware of all forms. ... unaffected by *Windows* malware - but that doesn't mean such crap can't be ... vulnerable as windows, and that is rubbish. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...