Re: Deleted IE - now got a big problem

From: Ally (
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:07:36 GMT

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:04:08 GMT, (Ally) wrote:

Another few observations: I tried running scandisk from
Start - Programs - Accessories - system Tools. I found it wouldn't do
the deep scan because it kept eporting another program was repeatedly
trying to write to the disc. This continued after I closed down all
other programs including my AVG antivirus and Kerio firewall.

When I click ctrl/alt/del (to find out what is actually running) I see
the following list:

Do all those look OK? I do know there's an adware trojan on my system
that I wasn;t able to zap with Adaware, Spywareblaster or Spybot S&D.
It caused IE advert windows to pop up - and they still pop up sometime
if I open an (Calyspo) email that contains a hyper-link.

What else? Well, some operstions are now happening more slowly than
before - like renaming a file or closing a window. It's as though my
RAM is getting used up more than usual. I have loads of free disc
space on C: drive: (4 Gb).