Re: **Secure** Ftp server

From: ObiWan (anzen.NO_at_SPAM.gmx.net)
Date: 07/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:47:07 +0200

    >> Hi, ObiWan. Slumming? :-)

    Hi Dave ..... well, sometimes one
    has to go down to the roots to see
    what's going on :-)

    >> I am not familiar with Filezilla, while I have of course heard of
    >> it. I have always used Microsoft, but hesitate to mention it lest
    >> the MS bashers pile on.

    Well the MS FTP service isn't bad, as long as you use it as an
    anonymous server, on the other hand, using msftp with a bunch
    of user accounts may become a nightmare since you'll need to
    create each user account as a system user .. not something I
    really like to do :-)

    >> As I said, any well known server will do the job

    Agreed, but again, my preference for FZ Server is just due to
    the fact that the users/groups/folders management interface
    is easier to use when it comes to many users (and folders)
    also, the FZ has some interesting features like kerberos
    authentication and "z-mode" (compressed transfer mode)
    not that I use them so much, but they're there if needed ;-)

    > I use ServerZilla (FTP Server) on my Windows 2000 and 2003

    Uhm ... Leythos, I suppose you're referring to FileZilla Server ?!?

    • RE: User Account Migration to New Server
      ... This is Morgan from Microsoft. ... USMT cannot be used to migrate user accounts. ... You can manfully recreate these user accounts on your new server according ...
    • RE: Migrate Profiles between Servers in a Workgroup
      ... moveuser can be used for Local User Accounts. ... > server as NComputer. ... > Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. ...
    • Re: all users disapeared
      ... But I did have an sql injection attack some time ago, following that I found that someone had set up a admin account, also I found 2 poker programs installed on my server that I never installed myself. ... You find that the user accounts in the Active Directory are missing. ... Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Reset User Password SBS 2003
      ... The User Accounts are not held on the client PC's themselves. ... As I said before the Server works well, it hots a database as well as our ... A Microsoft Registered Partner ... I don't think the Exchange OWA method will work, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SBS 2000 install problems (need to reinstall from scratch)
      ... I am NOT wanting to keep all of Active Directory. ... corrupt the new install. ... have any problem with recreating the user accounts at this point. ... >> I am familiar with the Active Directory replication from one server to ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)