Re: **Secure** Ftp server

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 07/26/04

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:35:00 GMT

In article <10ga18o8qau68e5@corp.supernews.com>, "\"Crash\" Dummy"
<dvader@deathstar.mil> says...
> >Hi Dave :-) I agree with this, although I've tried the filezilla ftp server
> >(filezilla.sourceforge.net) which afaict seems robust enough; btw as
> >you know there's no "surefire" solution, but the filezilla seems ok
>
> Hi, ObiWan. Slumming? :-)
>
> I am not familiar with Filezilla, while I have of course heard of it. I have
> always used Microsoft, but hesitate to mention it lest the MS bashers pile on.
> As I said, any well known server will do the job, if set up correctly. It just
> comes down to a matter of personal choice. The idiot behind the keyboard is
> still the controlling factor when it comes to security.

I use ServerZilla (FTP Server) on my Windows 2000 and 2003 servers - It
provides a much better interface and more control over the FTP users
than MS FTP does. You can set passwords, directories, performance,
etc... I've been running SZ for almost a year with 2 public facing FTP
servers and not had any problems.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: **Secure** Ftp server
    ... > As I said, any well known server will do the job, if set up correctly. ... > still the controlling factor when it comes to security. ... than MS FTP does. ... You can set passwords, directories, performance, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Help with IPFW + NATD + Passive FTP
    ... passive FTP connections through IPFW with NATD enabled. ... $cmd 005 allow all from any to any via dc0 ... # Interface facing Public internet ... # Allow out access to my ISP's Domain name server. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Client Computers cannot upload or download from Remote FTP ser
    ... SBS External NIC - Cannot FTP From this server ... SBS Internal NIC ... FTP server is Checked in Routing and Remote Access - Internet Connection - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: FTP PUT with Store Unique
    ... The best list for topics related to the Communications Server IP ... command or vice versa. ... Instructs the FTP client not to include a name with the STOU ... -- If NONAME is in effect, no name string specifying a foreign_file value follows ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • RE: Client Computers cannot upload or download from Remote FTP ser
    ... Only FTP via the MS DOS FTP Client ... The server that works is a member of the SBS's Domain, BUT as I indicated, ... the router, not the SBS server. ... The client event log has nothing related logged. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)