Certificates installation

From: Ney André de Mello Zunino (zunino_at_inf.ufsc.br)
Date: 07/01/04

    Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:18:38 -0300

    Hello.

    I have a college assignment to do which deals with the installation of
    certificates on 2 web browsers, namely Internet Explorer 6 and Mozilla
    1.7. I have started gathering information and found that there are at
    least two main ways in which this can be done:

       * the user downloads a certificate file as an HTTP resource, which
    causes the browser to launch its own certificate installation process;
       * the certificate provider includes script code on their website
    which does the installation behind the scenes, using each browser's API.

    My assignment requires me to analyse the different possibilities and
    also to describe how a certificate installation client script would
    work. Could anyone provide some tips or resources where I could learn
    and find more details about this process?

    Thank you,

    --
    Ney André de Mello Zunino

    • Certificates installation
      ... I have a college assignment to do which deals with the installation of ... certificates on 2 web browsers, namely Internet Explorer 6 and Mozilla ... causes the browser to launch its own certificate installation process; ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Signing drivers with signtool for XP 64-bit -- suppressing the war
      ... Ineed to suppress the unsigned driver installation dialog for an automation ... article "Driver signing policy is automatically elevated for unsigned ... I need to sign our drivers for unattended installation via ... Signing Certificate Chain: ...
    • Re: DIFx Framework - HOWTO
      ... The certificate was not installed on the machine, that's s why I did exactly ... The test certificate is obtained through the commands: ... I've successfully created the unsinged cat file using: ... >> installation through DIFx framework but have some troubles with it. ...
    • Re: client installation error
      ... The certificate is TRUST_E_TIME_STAMP however I do not think that will help. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... the installation stop at this error "Error 0x80096005: ... >> Jeff Harbaugh [MSFT] ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
    • Re: recovering files encrypted using EFS
      ... > same name and password as the old WinXP installation, ... > intact backup of the old harddisk on COMP2, ... > didn't export the EFS certificate, ... I could of course restore ...