MD5/SHA (or other hash tool) for complete directory (sub-)tree ?

From: Marcus Mackler (mmecky_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/29/04

    Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:57:31 +0200

    I would like to verify if at least one file has changed inside a whole directory (sub)tree.
    Is there a tool (for Windows) which calculates me a MD5 or SHA hash value from all the
    containing files (and the corresponding modify/creation dates)?

    Marcus

    • MD5/SHA (or other hash tool) for complete directory (sub-)tree ?
      ... I would like to verify if at least one file has changed inside a whole directory tree. ... Is there a tool (for Windows) which calculates me a MD5 or SHA hash value from all the ... containing files (and the corresponding modify/creation dates)? ... Marcus ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Outlook 2003 RPC feature
      ... The version of the operating system and service pack is displayed under ... Verify that Windows update Q331320 is installed on the computer (not ... to download and install it. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: KB896688 repeat
      ... heap of planned obsolescence........along with their Windows ME neighbors! ... Bear, ... Marcus is a disgruntled poster here (I believe his problems are not ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: KB896688 repeat
      ... stand alone installer for KB896688 for windows 98. ... Marcus ... >> related to 896688) and furthermore, he's running Win98 while you're ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: [AKICIF] Ricoh gelsprinter printers
      ... Marcus L. Rowland writes ... can't convince myself I need it badly enough to warrant the extra cost and complexity, and if I'm wrong I'd prefer to err on the side of lower cost. ... The printer is a Canon LBP6650, and once I'd realised that the automatic setup program for Windows only works properly on my network if you configure the printer's IP address manually, it all went pretty well, and I got it working for Windows, Ubuntu Linux and OS-X 10.4 without too much hassle. ...
      (rec.arts.sf.fandom)