Radiator (was: Most popular Radius servers in the IT market)

From: Kurt Jaeger (pi_at_complx.LF.net)
Date: 06/14/04

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:53:42 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!

>> Have you any idea where i can find a survey on commercial radius serves?

>No. I am aware of no such surveys existing. Common sense tho. Just by
>the number of windows 2000 server boxes deployed versus all other OS's.
>Micorosft IAS HAS to be the most popular.

It might be used by many people, but it surely is not *popular* 8-)

Every net.god who does radius services believes in "Radiator".

That's a commercial radius server coded in perl, available from

http://www.open.com.au/radiator/

Very fast, very, very flexible, source code is included, does
everything (databases, frontend, backends, you name it), super-clean
design.

If you need a feature, ask on the support mailing list and you normally
get it within a few days.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  16 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi@LF.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: security (malware) issues in Linux bases OSes
    ... popular to infect these OSes by making a user install something like ... NakedBrittany.deb as is now the case with Windows users. ... So to me there is a very _big_ difference between the common linux OS's I ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The future of Linux
    ... Popular implies choice: most people who buy a PC get a choice of Windows XP ... writing a virus for these systems should be easier (especially now as the ... Which was the target for virses then? ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Security through wide system use?
    ... > popular, and Linux isn't as popular so it doesn't get targeted as ... > discussing this so I can try and highlight this to the manager. ... > I apprieciate that there are many factors in system security. ... with unsecure windows machines. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Change PC to Win or Windows
    ... even aware that there are other OSes than Microsoft Windows. ... the IBM PC was *NOT* the most popular personal computer... ... in increasingly common usage for at least 20 years, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: RIP: Steve Jobs
    ... The McDonalds/consumer comparison relates to what is the "most popular" ... Windows monopoly gave it control of 96% of internet connected devices. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)