Re: Can my ISP see my NNTP traffic?

From: Bill Unruh (unruh_at_string.physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 06/04/04

    Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:23:21 +0000 (UTC)

    Lassi =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hippel=E4inen?= <lahippel@ieee.orgies.invalid> writes:

    ]"T. Sean Weintz" wrote:
    ]>
    ]> Bill Unruh wrote:
    ]>
    ]> > ]> > >
    ]> > ]> > > You'll see that it's not only your ISP that can see your Usenet
    ]> > ]traffic!
    ]> > ]> > >
    ]> > ]> > > I posted a message complaining about a crap boss I had and it turned
    ]> > ]up
    ]> > ]> > the
    ]> > ]> > > head of the list in Google if you did a search on his name.
    ]> >
    ]> > A usenet post is SUPPOSED to be readable by everyone in the world. That is
    ]> > what usenet is all about. And Yes, google does also search over usenet.
    ]> >
    ]>
    ]> Yup. Google groups is great. I love seeing my name all over it.

    ]Used to be called Dejanews, before Google acquired it.

    Still called dejanews.
    www.dejanews.com still gets there.

    ]> Yeah.
    ]> all the way back to '96. 8 years of garbage it's collected on me.
    ]> Flame wars and all.

    ]It is quite regular to check the newsgroups before recruiting people. A
    ]good way of finding out what kind of candidates you have.

    ]-- Lassi