how to store data in local safely

From: lgl (liguanglei_at_software.ict.ac.cn)
Date: 06/02/04

    Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:55:48 +0800

    I have a problem now and want to get some help from you

    I am doing a DRM(Digital Right Management) system in linux, and now I am
    seeking a method for store data in local safely. for example:

    There is a license file for each digital content(mp3 file etc). Each time
    end users want play the mp3 file, he must first have a relative license
    file. There are various info in the license file. for example, there may be
    a element which specify the times the end user can play the mp3 file. What
    I want to do is:
    The fist time you play the file, I get the counter from the license file and
    store it locally. In future each time you play the file, I will decrease
    the counter untill it becomes zero. But how to make sure only my
    program(the player) can change the value, and the end user can't.

    I don't know whether SELinux will do.
    I will be very thankful if you can give me some advice.