Re: Google Groups

From: Frank Slootweg (this_at_ddress.is.invalid)
Date: 04/20/04

Date: 20 Apr 2004 12:11:29 GMT

Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote:
[deleted]
> There are some of us that were on before Deja started, some of us
> started with old 110 Baud modems in the very early 80's. BM is one of
> the people I respect in these groups.

  110 Baud? ONE HUNDRED AND TEN? What's wrong with 75? :-) FWIW, BM and
I are probably of about the same vintage (computers since 1968, Internet/
Usenet since 1984, e-mail somewhere in between those dates). I respect
him too. What was the reason for your comment? Did I show no respect?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Google Groups
    ... Leythos wrote: ... > There are some of us that were on before Deja started, ... Usenet since 1984, e-mail somewhere in between those dates). ... What was the reason for your comment? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Fax modem for SBS2008
    ... Leythos wrote: ... Usenet without first asking them - RIGHT? ... Each time you replied to the group you also emailed me - there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for that. ... On the subject of Usenet etiquette, one of the most popular traditions on Usenet is the "signature" which includes your name, email address, and other information. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Moderator??? - More Impersonations
    ... posted by myself, Leythos. ... A forgery consists of someone using exactly the same email address as the ... In other words, the address you use has three 9's, the frogger is using ... not by a clueful Usenet Admin. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: A question about licencing
    ... On Tuesday 04 April 2006 08:31 pm, Leythos had this to say in ... You're an easy person to prove wrong, so there is no reason to ... 1500 Windoze boxes amongst his hundreds of clients and keep them all ... tuned and virus free. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hiding originating IP when posting through CLOSED news servers
    ... Leythos wrote: ... >> reasonably intelligent person I had to ask myself, ... >> continued babbling about this unimportant matter. ... although I could also find no reason why you would want to. ...
    (comp.security.misc)