Safe to make credit card purchases over the web?

From: Fred Ma (fma_at_doe.carleton.ca)
Date: 03/30/04

Date: 30 Mar 2004 04:39:35 GMT

Hi,

In this day and age of identity theft and credit
card fraud, is it safe to make credit card purchases
over the web? Even if the organization you're paying
is well established and has a "secure" website? Is
it any safer than purchasing in person? Even in
person, your credit card info gets recorded somewhere,
so I wonder if it really is any safer.

F.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: signature capture
    ... Several retail chains use these things for credit card purchases. ... control or com object that can capture a signature on pad (think signing a ... patients signature for an electronic medical records system. ...
  • Re: why Franz is such a low-tech company?
    ... That is about as safe at it gets. ... Incidentally credit card is a lot safer on the net that using in ... a store. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Not signing for CC purchses
    ... sign for credit card purchases of $XX amount of less. ... cash transactions take ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: Not signing for CC purchses
    ... customers sign for credit card purchases of $XX amount of less. ... I use cash. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: Im glad Im below average
    ... making credit card purchases if they had money sitting comfortably in the ... Not quite sure I understand you here, Dee. ... checking account and in cash but use my one credit card for many things. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)