Re: single-signon with X.509 certificates

From: Thomas Vincent (thomasv_at_mac.com)
Date: 03/12/04

    Date: 11 Mar 2004 20:25:28 -0800

    PKI is generally used for authentication and verifying the integrity
    of the data. The authorization is stored in the directory (LDAP) and
    or the application. It is hard to give you a complete answer when we
    don't know what the operating systems your using are. The fact that
    the digital certicate is on a USB token is irrelevant. The computer
    will simpley look at that as just another device aka. hard drive.

    PKI is a messy business right now with a bunch of vendors (ENTRUST)
    trying to create stovepipe solutions. Basically because they know that
    PKI is largely becoming a commidity not something unique.

    A quick search of google turns up a ton of information on the subject.