Liberty Alliance

From: John Smith (mkersh_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/03/04

Date: 3 Mar 2004 07:26:10 -0800

I have been looking recently at the Liberty Alliance specification for
Federated Identity.

As both a user and a develop of Service Provider system I eagerly
await such standards becoming mainstream.

How likely do people think this is?

How interested are likely Identity Providers in these specs? To me the
opportunities for the likes of mobile phone operators in this space
are immense.

How many managed/ASP style Identity providers exist today? and how
many of these are Liberty Alliance compatible.

I read a lot of stuff that links the likes of Liberty Alliance to low
value transactions, but to me it is the high value transaction space
(banking etc.) where I see the greatest benefits.

How many users out there are sick of maintain an ever growing list of
userid/passwords for all the sites they use? How many of us end up
writing down userid/passwords in a notebook.