laptop security

From: Gadi Evron (ge_at_linuxbox.org)
Date: 02/28/04

    Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:46:48 +0200

    I think this will interest some people here.

    I always say, whenever laptops are mentioned: "Forget everything else, I
    have nightmares already!".

    The loss of information due to laptop thefts is extremely high, here is
    an innovation that may possibly be as useless as car theft alarms
    (unless you are nearby and didn't leave the laptop in the car), but it's
    a good start. This may actually be useful.

    What I'd like to see is a GPS device with wireless communication to my
    cell phone. It can be a quiet indicator, or perhaps ring when it is
    being moved.. or even when I move too far away from it.

    You can find the article at:
    http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.html?id=511952d3-89a0-4a03-a092-be29eaeb346f

         Gadi Evron.