Re: New AOL Instant Messenger virus/trojan???

From: Greg (greg_at_irelandclan.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: 11 Feb 2004 08:32:40 -0800

mermogoat@cox.net (Scott) wrote in message news:<88bce512.0402101814.40958dcb@posting.google.com>...
> Hey, I got a link from a friend that said something along the lines of
> "Sadaam Escaped" and took me to some buddylinks.net videogame. I
> didn't think anything of it until all my friends seemed to be getting
> links to the game that I did not send. Does anyone know about this
> virus/trojan and how to remove it? The Buddylinks.net thing appeared
> both in my start menu and my add/remove programs but it did not remove
> them when I tried. Thanks
>
> Scott

Removal Instructions:

Go to "Start"

"Control Panel"

" Add Remove Programs"

Remove:

Remove PSD Channelup

Remove The program that starts with PSDT

Remove Buddylinks

If installed remove all Wild Tangent software

Download and run BulletproofSoft.com's Spyware Remover - FREE Trial
from http://www.filehog.com/bpssr.exe

Reboot your machine after you have completed all of this.