Re: New AOL Instant Messenger virus/trojan???

From: Greg (greg_at_irelandclan.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: 11 Feb 2004 08:32:40 -0800

mermogoat@cox.net (Scott) wrote in message news:<88bce512.0402101814.40958dcb@posting.google.com>...
> Hey, I got a link from a friend that said something along the lines of
> "Sadaam Escaped" and took me to some buddylinks.net videogame. I
> didn't think anything of it until all my friends seemed to be getting
> links to the game that I did not send. Does anyone know about this
> virus/trojan and how to remove it? The Buddylinks.net thing appeared
> both in my start menu and my add/remove programs but it did not remove
> them when I tried. Thanks
>
> Scott

Removal Instructions:

Go to "Start"

"Control Panel"

" Add Remove Programs"

Remove:

Remove PSD Channelup

Remove The program that starts with PSDT

Remove Buddylinks

If installed remove all Wild Tangent software

Download and run BulletproofSoft.com's Spyware Remover - FREE Trial
from http://www.filehog.com/bpssr.exe

Reboot your machine after you have completed all of this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: To All you Senior Guys out there.
    ... Hey, my apologies, I know it was off-topic but couldn't help myself, like Don said I'm old and it's the weekend. ... To Mike, happy retirement, it takes a few months to adjust. ... I retired 2 years ago and received this from a friend, I want to share this with all you Seniors out there. ... over the years my heart has been broken. ...
  • Re: The Fat Man Rocks Permavine (Sick Bits vol22)
    ... an obsessive negativity junkie but hey he's your friend in real life ... Williams and your friend Baker over three years ago when frankly I ... Neil X.- Hide quoted text - ... saying 'hey Rami, I think people here would be all right with trading ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: The Fat Man Rocks Permavine (Sick Bits vol22)
    ... an obsessive negativity junkie but hey he's your friend in real life ... Williams and your friend Baker over three years ago when frankly I ... Neil X.- Hide quoted text - ... saying 'hey Rami, I think people here would be all right with trading ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Off Topic - Cockpit Chatter....
    ... That's the job my friend would like to do but the last job ... Hey, back atcha, Judy~ ... and watching other pilot friends making more money (our son says Mr. Buffet ... whose owners like to trade in aircraft but prefer ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: Hey for hi
    ... sometimes you have to chill after a diet of Bach and ... other with "Hey", casual acquaintances and loved-up lovers alike. ... friend who greeted me thus as needing medical attention. ...
    (alt.usage.english)