Is memcpy secure?

From: Olga Sayenko (sayenko_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/11/04

Date: 10 Jan 2004 18:20:07 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to make sure that my data doesn't show up anywhere outside
my process unencrypted. I am concerned that if I use memcpy, the bytes
copied will end up in some memory somewhere after I am done with it.
Am I being paranoid?

Thanks,

Olga

Relevant Pages

  • Is memcpy secure?
    ... I am concerned that if I use memcpy, ... copied will end up in some memory somewhere after I am done with it. ... Am I being paranoid? ... Olga ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Vmware crashes if compress/misc.c scrolls?
    ... presence of the second initramfs which causes the screen to scroll and the bug ... Video memory operates just fine under VMware. ... which calls memcpy to scroll vga memory: ... 0x104131: mov %edx,0x4 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: LoadResource and Image::FromStream in GDI+
    ... > The thing I can't understand is why there has to be a memcpy. ... > LockResource returns a pointer to the resource data, ... > to allocate more memory and make a copy of the image? ... because CreateStreamOnHGlobal allocates the memory itself. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi)
  • Re: Copying A Backbuffer To System Memory - Poor Performance
    ... "Jack Hoxley" wrote: ... > if you've profiled it to be the memcpy section of your code, ... > from video memory in one big chunk - none of this interlacing stuff. ... > (the AVI file is interlaced) to my output buffer which works fine. ...
  • Re: Alignment problem (maybe)
    ... so memcpy should work correctly... ... dword ... to the data structure was pointing within a memory buffer, ... So, when I was writing the values char by char, there were no problems ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)