Is memcpy secure?

From: Olga Sayenko (sayenko_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/11/04

Date: 10 Jan 2004 18:20:07 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to make sure that my data doesn't show up anywhere outside
my process unencrypted. I am concerned that if I use memcpy, the bytes
copied will end up in some memory somewhere after I am done with it.
Am I being paranoid?

Thanks,

Olga

Relevant Pages

  • Is memcpy secure?
    ... I am concerned that if I use memcpy, ... copied will end up in some memory somewhere after I am done with it. ... Am I being paranoid? ... Olga ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Vmware crashes if compress/misc.c scrolls?
    ... presence of the second initramfs which causes the screen to scroll and the bug ... Video memory operates just fine under VMware. ... which calls memcpy to scroll vga memory: ... 0x104131: mov %edx,0x4 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: LoadResource and Image::FromStream in GDI+
    ... > The thing I can't understand is why there has to be a memcpy. ... > LockResource returns a pointer to the resource data, ... > to allocate more memory and make a copy of the image? ... because CreateStreamOnHGlobal allocates the memory itself. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi)
  • Re: Copying A Backbuffer To System Memory - Poor Performance
    ... "Jack Hoxley" wrote: ... > if you've profiled it to be the memcpy section of your code, ... > from video memory in one big chunk - none of this interlacing stuff. ... > (the AVI file is interlaced) to my output buffer which works fine. ...
  • Re: Does an array of char have alignment issues?
    ... gcc's memcpy with e.g. -O2 would certainly fail since the memcpy macro ... copies memory region as series of 32bit integers. ... you switch on the alignment of the source and target ... Even on fast CPUs with merging writebuffers it is better to do ...
    (comp.sys.arm)