Re: Why is Win Explorer accessing the Net?

From: Lars M. Hansen (badnews_at_hansenonline.net)
Date: 12/23/03

Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:53:02 GMT

On 23 Dec 2003 16:02:22 GMT, Walter Roberson spoketh

>Now, not having control over the corporate Exchange servers, how
>can I configure the client to stop the server from remembering the
>ip + port (both of which could have been dynamically allocated) --
>or how can I *reasonably* configure a stateful firewall to
>recognize this situation and make the appropriate back-connection
>even if the public IP has been long ago reallocated?

Simple: A client should never connect to Exchange through a firewall. If
external users needs to connect to Exchange, use VPN.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

  • Re: best way to recreate a mailbox
    ... >> some changes in PSS recently, so please take advantage of any request to ... I exhausted what I could do by phone and told the client, ... data loss can occur from running utilities against your Exchange ... >>> There is also a problem, likely related, with Backup Exec. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: AD Site Topology
    ... authenticating with a domain controller in a different physical ... to a GC outside of it's physical location resulting in Outlook ... local infrastrcuture i.e. DC's/F&P but not exchange. ... client side is a good point though although I thought MS improved the ...
  • Re: AD Site Topology
    ... to a GC outside of it's physical location resulting in Outlook ... local infrastrcuture i.e. DC's/F&P but not exchange. ... client happended to authenticate with infrastrcuture outside of its ... local to the Exchange Servers and in other physical locations. ...
  • RE: Outlook trying to connect.......
    ... does outlook client connect to exchange server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: AD Site Topology
    ... to a GC outside of it's physical location resulting in Outlook ... local infrastrcuture i.e. DC's/F&P but not exchange. ... local to the Exchange Servers and in other physical locations. ... client side is a good point though although I thought MS improved the ...