Re: Why is Win Explorer accessing the Net?

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 12/18/03

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:05:39 -0500

In article <lif1uv8l684kdlik54esdg0c2a9f9eij5k@4ax.com>,
badnews@hansenonline.net says...
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:38:38 -0500, Colonel Flagg spoketh
>
> >In article <mji0uvsrk6cvn4nvbp4vu3acqsefcpsj19@4ax.com>,
> >badnews@hansenonline.net says...

> >> And you know this how?
> >>

> >> Lars M. Hansen
> >> http://www.hansenonline.net
> >> (replace 'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)
> >>

> >the *quality* or rather *lack thereof* of their products.
>
> So, basically, you're just guessing too ...

no, actually, it's from years of experience using their so-called
"products" and supporting end-users with all of their complaints about
how windows is a piece of shit.

that's why I eventually switched to linux & freebsd for all of my server
needs and only use one xp workstation for 3 reasons that has nothing to
do with Microsoft... 1) Eudora, 2) Photoshop, 3) Flash creation

and all of my clients are either showing a lot of interest in migrating
to linux for their file servers or they're in the process of moving.
considering i take care of the majority of law offices in my town and
around 30-40 other clients in the area... i think i'll make a little-
tiny-dent in the money-machine that *was* microsoft. if ever person that
feels the way i do, makes the same contribution to the anti-microsoft
game, we'll eventually win :-)

thanks for asking tho.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why is Win Explorer accessing the Net?
    ... "products" and supporting end-users with all of their complaints about ... to linux for their file servers or they're in the process of moving. ... around 30-40 other clients in the area... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Why is Win Explorer accessing the Net?
    ... "products" and supporting end-users with all of their complaints about ... to linux for their file servers or they're in the process of moving. ... around 30-40 other clients in the area... ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: samba and big files question
    ... > windows box) through a linux box onto a webserver. ... approach is better if your data will be used infrequently by the clients. ... I would recommend that you investigate using rsync, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Advanced Security Question
    ... The upgrade will probably include thin clients (getting ... linux image by TFTP) and wireless. ... We want to control all of the traffic on the network to the point and ... You corrupt the ARP tables of the remote machines ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Mac OSX Clients in AD server environment - anomalies
    ... with a handfull of OSX Mac clients (lets say ... > * Issue occurring on current w2k AD file servers ... I had to setup access for 25 Mac OSx ... called the resource fork. ...