P.S.........

From: J Jay (jayjay_at_nevertell.net)
Date: 12/08/03

Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 00:22:07 GMT

In article <MPG.1a3d7a38ed312dc29896ae@news.east.earthlink.net>,
jayjay@nevertell.net says...
> In article <944AE4EC65F7B835A@130.133.1.4>, martin_2003@mail.com
> says...
> > I am using Sygate Pro 5.0 with XP Pro and I have been having getting
> > a lot of trouble connecting to the Net.
> >
> > I notice in the Sygate traffic log that
> > C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ndisuio
> > issues a UDP but that the UDP reply from the remote end is blocked by
> > Sygate.
> >
> > How do I permit those responses to get through Sygate?
> >
> > Sygate refers to the rule which blocks the incoming UDPs as this:
> >
> > GUI%GUICONFIG#SRULE@APPCONFIG-LOCK#...
> > ....C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ndisuio
> > [The dots are mine to permit legibility]
> >
> > How do I disable the rule which this is referring to?
> >
> > I can't find it anywhere! :-( Help.
> >
> Hi, Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked
> by an Application Rule. Go to the Applications Window and find
> this application listed. Right click it and then click Allow in
> the popup window. Go back to the application listed and click
> (highlight) it. Click advanced. In the popup window check to
> see if there is a port number problem. There should be either
> no port numbers or if numbers are listed, they should agree
> with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this
> attempted connection.
> JJ

Also, look in the Advanced Rules and see if there might be
a UDP rule that is blocking the required ports.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Active Ports
    ... i can try to kill a process with aports by shutting the port, ... > Well is Messenger supposed to have a connection? ... Sygate should block all unsolicited inbound ... > You may want to use Process Explorer to look at running processes ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • P.S.........
    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Port 80 is Open on My System
    ... > GRC.com test on the same connection. ... > Sygate says it and many, ... During an in-depth scan Sygate says my port 80 ... >> Call your ISP and ask them if they run a web proxy. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: TCP Connection - Established
    ... > Port 1525 tcp is shown as used by Oracle applications in some port charts. ... Since the mystery connection had *never* left any tracks in my firewall ... in order to leave a backtraceable track in the firewall traffic log. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)