Re: HELP! I need Sygate to permit inbound UDFs

From: J Jay (jayjay_at_nevertell.net)
Date: 12/08/03

Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:57:06 GMT

In article <944AE4EC65F7B835A@130.133.1.4>, martin_2003@mail.com
says...
> I am using Sygate Pro 5.0 with XP Pro and I have been having getting
> a lot of trouble connecting to the Net.
>
> I notice in the Sygate traffic log that
> C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ndisuio
> issues a UDP but that the UDP reply from the remote end is blocked by
> Sygate.
>
> How do I permit those responses to get through Sygate?
>
> Sygate refers to the rule which blocks the incoming UDPs as this:
>
> GUI%GUICONFIG#SRULE@APPCONFIG-LOCK#...
> ....C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ndisuio
> [The dots are mine to permit legibility]
>
> How do I disable the rule which this is referring to?
>
> I can't find it anywhere! :-( Help.

Hi, Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked
by an Application Rule. Go to the Applications Window and find
this application listed. Right click it and then click Allow in
the popup window. Go back to the application listed and click
(highlight) it. Click advanced. In the popup window check to
see if there is a port number problem. There should be either
no port numbers or if numbers are listed, they should agree
with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this
attempted connection.
JJ

Relevant Pages

  • P.S.........
    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • P.S.........
    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Port 80 is Open on My System
    ... > GRC.com test on the same connection. ... > Sygate says it and many, ... During an in-depth scan Sygate says my port 80 ... >> Call your ISP and ask them if they run a web proxy. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Active Ports
    ... i can try to kill a process with aports by shutting the port, ... > Well is Messenger supposed to have a connection? ... Sygate should block all unsolicited inbound ... > You may want to use Process Explorer to look at running processes ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)