Re: Open source XKMS implementations?

From: Hans Granqvist (hans_at_makefile.net)
Date: 12/03/03

Date: 3 Dec 2003 09:55:15 -0800

Gilbert Pilz <gpilz@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1a2d60881b96c7af989684@news.sf.sbcglobal.net>...
> Does anyone know about the existence of an open source implementation of
> the XKMS specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/xkms/) or any efforts in
> that direction? I know that VeriSign's Trust Services Integration Kit
> contains a client-side implementation of XKMS v1.0 but I need the server
> side as well (additionally I can't figure out the licensing of the Trust
> Services Integration Kit).
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> - gilbert

Gilbert,

a server side implementation would necessarily be dependent on
the back-end architecture. For instance, VeriSign's XKMS service
hooks into specific PKI services related to VeriSign specific
jurisdictions, MPKI accounts, etc.

For more on TSIK and Trust Gateway licensing, email me at hansg
at verisign com and I will forward your licensing issues to the
right people.

-Hans