Re: ISPs can easily decrease net abuse

From: JF Mezei (jfmezei.spamnot_at_istop.com)
Date: 12/02/03

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:54:39 -0500

Laurent wrote:
> > Hence the invention of UPnP. Of course, you'll need to
> > install a firewall on your fridge to prevent hackers from
> > breaking into it :-)
>
> "DAMMIT! Honey we got hacked! Someone stole our mayounnaise!"

Nop:

"Honey, how come all of our food expired overnight ? The fridge is telling me
to throw out all the food inside because it is past their expiry date ?

However, if the fridge has a laser scanner as well, it will be able to send to
Kraft a transaction every time you take the mayonaise out, so that Kraft will
know if its customers use the mayo in the morning, afternoon, evening or for
midnight snacks.

And of course, new versions of viri will include a compromised bar code on
thatjar of mayo that triggers a latent bug in the fridge and the fridge then
sends rogue command to all other appliances in your home, potentially causing
a fire when the stove has all its heating elements on at full blast.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ISPs can easily decrease net abuse
    ... > to throw out all the food inside because it is past their expiry date? ... > However, if the fridge has a laser scanner as well, it will be able to send to ... > Kraft a transaction every time you take the mayonaise out, ... > thatjar of mayo that triggers a latent bug in the fridge and the fridge then ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Any mayo recipes?
    ... I missing me nice dollup of mayo on french fries with cracked pepper, ... I make this using the lime options and using the wand/stick blender ... Put everything in EXCEPT the oil. ... the fridge for at least a hour for maxium flavour. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)