Re: co-worker spy annoyance

From: ssshades2 (ssshades2_at_/^nospam|^iiiinet/
Date: 11/28/03

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:51:32 +0800

In article <>, spake thus...
> I have read that the Windows Management Instrumentation service can
> allow a remote user to see what programs you are running, and I have
> already disabled that. But her 'hints' have not stopped so I have to
> assume that disabling that service did not have the desired effect.
> Although I doubt I can prevent her from snooping through emails etc.,
> I would like to know if there is at least a way to prevent this person
> from spying directly on what I'm doing at the moment! Another service
> I could disable perhaps? Any suggestions?

Install Kerio Personal Firewall.

When I was working at a company it was the first thing I did, the NT Sysadmin
whinged a bit, but never did anything, so I was a blackhole on the network for
almost 3 years. :P

Other companies might not be this lenient of course...

A person without Sysadmin rights should not be accessing other machines as
Administrator, if you can gather enough evidence to prove this, they could be
in for disciplinary action.

"We're in the pipe... 5 by 5..."
shades2 (Perth, WA)
PGP Public Keys: