Re: co-worker spy annoyance

From: ssshades2 (ssshades2_at_/^nospam|^iiiinet/.net.au)
Date: 11/28/03

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:51:32 +0800

In article <8c5ac291.0311262102.1efdf64e@posting.google.com>,
jonahbasset@yahoo.com spake thus...

> I have read that the Windows Management Instrumentation service can
> allow a remote user to see what programs you are running, and I have
> already disabled that. But her 'hints' have not stopped so I have to
> assume that disabling that service did not have the desired effect.
> Although I doubt I can prevent her from snooping through emails etc.,
> I would like to know if there is at least a way to prevent this person
> from spying directly on what I'm doing at the moment! Another service
> I could disable perhaps? Any suggestions?

Install Kerio Personal Firewall.

When I was working at a company it was the first thing I did, the NT Sysadmin
whinged a bit, but never did anything, so I was a blackhole on the network for
almost 3 years. :P

Other companies might not be this lenient of course...

A person without Sysadmin rights should not be accessing other machines as
Administrator, if you can gather enough evidence to prove this, they could be
in for disciplinary action.

--
"We're in the pipe... 5 by 5..."