3-DES and SHA-1-HMAC

From: Marco (tozzio_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/23/03

Date: 23 Oct 2003 03:26:22 -0700

Hi to every body.

I find information about SHA-1-HMAC and 3-DES.

Enabling IPSEC with Windows SECURE SERVER built-in policy I use 3 DES
and SHA-1-HMAC.

I read that 3 DES somethimes use 112 effective bits and somethimes 168
effective bits. SECURE SERVER policy how many bits use?

And about SHA-1-HMAC I read that if the policy is SHA-1-HMAC-t the
bits are t , t > 80... So I think that SECURE SERVER policy use 160
bits (the maximum), but I don' t find anything about this policy. I
don' t sure that this idea is corect...

Can anybody help me?

Marco

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does IPsec only work within domain with Kerberos?
    ... The Client policy uses only the default response rule. ... The Secure Server policy, however includes an exemption for ICMP. ... Kerberos authentication is forest wide. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: secure server policy
    ... Are all clients part of domain? ... turn the IPSec Policy on on servers ... > I experienced a problem when I deployed default secure server ipsec policy ... We logged local machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: IPSEC Failing (Secure Server)
    ... I can see why having a 'Secure Server' policy would prevent Server A from ... being able to communicate with the DC. ...