Re: VPN (after Tunnel) connection impossible

From: zak (zakthefly_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/10/03

    Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:40:18 GMT

    "zak" <zakthefly@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:e780c85d.0310100021.57f4f11a@posting.google.com...
    > HI,
    > I have a Zyxel ZyWall 100 (updated with bios 3.52w1)behind a Cisco 820
    > ADSL Router.
    > On that I have a public IP firewalled. On that is all Internet Traffic
    > and I asked to my ISP to create a rule to forward some ports (500 UDP,
    > ESP and GRE ports PPTP port 1723).
    > Now the problem is this.
    >
    > I see the creation of tunnel. The tunnel works and for example if I
    > ping from a computer inside my DMZ to a computer on other side I see
    > the creation of Tunnel, so this means the routing rule on Zyxel works.
    > BUT
    > the problem is....I can't do nothing with that tunnel. I tried to
    > execute ping on remote, execute ssh and other but doesn't works.
    >
    > I tried, after this, to connect from a dial-up connection using
    > SSH-Sentinel configured to connect to my server. The tunnel was
    > created but I can't, for example ssh to my computer inside DMZ. I had
    > DEACTIVATED my Firewall in these tests and traffic from Wan to DMZ
    > device was on. I requested in these test to forward port 22 too to
    > test ssh.
    >
    > My internet provider said no other ports otherwise than 500 are
    > requested from my VPN server.
    >
    > Have you any idea?

    • Re: Reverse Shell?
      ... >> behind a firewall so I can't ssh into their computer. ... > follow the tunnel back to their machine and then help them. ... Connections to that port will be forwarded through the ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Is there an SSH client which will tunnel ALL ports (TCP & UDP)?
      ... will actually tunnel ANY traffic bound out of the client ... I guessed that ports in use could not be forwarded. ... >it's time for you to move beyond ssh, ... >>and route it through an SSH tunnel. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: change smb port on win2kpro
      ... I believe SSH can also be set up ... I have no idea whether this would work with SMB, ... redirected to other ports either by using something like netcat or maybe ... reconfigure the firewall. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Reverse SSH Tunnel - an easy way?
      ... You are correct in that I use an RSA Key fob. ... address and that allows me in through our firewall, ... I then run an SSH tunnel within the VPN tunnel that has been ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • RE: Tunneling over ssh with termination by the FW
      ... I would use something like Putty (ssh client software) to open a secure ... tunnel with the firewall. ... If the firewall has the sshd running on port ...
      (SSH)