Anyone hear of ANSA (Asp.Net Security Analyser)??

From: NomadPgmr (nomadpgmr_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/10/03

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 06:57:54 GMT

I work for a web hosting company and recently received an email from someone
interested in secure hosting. They asked me to run the following scripts on
one of our web servers, saying they would only host with a company whose
server passed all of these tests. I have not done so and if we were even
tempted to do so, would only do it on an isolated server that we formated
the hard drives on afterwards. We don't even like to run some commercial
applications or home made DLL's, so no reason to start now. Has anyone heard
about these scripts or gotten a similar email?

Body of email follows:
Thanks,
Roger

Hello, I am interested in your Asp.Net hosting services and would like to
know more details about its security.

I work for a security company (***********) and we need to find a secure ISP
to host some of our client's websites (particularly this one:
**************)

We also want to start offering our own ******* branded packages in our
website.

We will be reselling 'Secure Asp.Net' hosting packages using servers/ISPs
that successfully 'fail' all ANSA (Asp.Net Security Analyser) security
tests.

So, please download the latest version of ANSA from GotDotNet
(http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/Workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=36ae9a2c-87
40-4b52-924e-320edf64fba5) and if your servers are securely configured (i.e.
there is no 'high' or 'critical' and only some 'medium' classification
results) send me details about your reseller hosting packages.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anyone hear of ANSA (Asp.Net Security Analyser)??
    ... you if your servers that provide Asp.Net shared hosting ... ANSA (Asp.Net Security Analyser) is not a commercial ... results will tell us if your servers are secure or not. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Vista x64 + DBD::Pg driver
    ... I tried reinstall driver and still no luck so basically I gave up. ... Yesterday after I read your post I wanted to run my scripts again with ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Newsfeed
    ... can somebody give me a hint, how to include a newsgroup of the usenet ... There are certain scripts, especially BBS/forum based scripts that have ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (alt.html)
  • Copying files from one server to another servers
    ... Im my job we have 30 solaris servers and 40 Red Hat servers, ... know which is the best and secure way to copy scripts and files from ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: why dont you two poofters....
    ... then we seemingly mutter Margaret and Taysseer's secure ... inheritance. ... I was hosting to murmur you some of my then knowledges. ...
    (rec.ponds)