Possible Virus

From: AvengerDr (lafcadio_at_tin.it)
Date: 10/01/03

    Date: 1 Oct 2003 02:52:11 -0700

    Hello there, I have the feeling that I have been infected by a virus,
    because I (silly me) executed a file of "dubious" origins which did
    nothing. I then noticed that Norton Antivirus 2004 won't scan anymore.
    In fact when I click on scan files, the dialog window opens for a sec
    and then closes automatically.
    The other scan options do not work too.. and my firewall has stopped
    working. I tried online antivirus but nothing was found..

    Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

    • Re: Hacktool.Rootkit ??
      ... Virus Definition File: Version 5/31/2007 rev. 19 ... entries in the History are normal and to be expected? ... operating characteristics of Norton AntiVirus are best resolved with the ... | every night and none of the files that it says it "left alone" could ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Event Viewer error
      ... All our emails are scanned by Norton Antivirus before sending ... Please advise any virus that gets through ... 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Windows XP upgrade...virus?
      ... Got rid of norton antivirus finally. ... Did a virus scan. ... Reinstalled Windows. ... >> When I try to install most everything, I get a Windows Installer ...
    • Re: I Have a weird Virus?
      ... SpyBot and Norton AntiVirus to get rid of ... If you did not click on that it would bring up an old school windows warning ... Virus" if you clicked ... I ran windows defender, Norton anti virus, AD-Aware, and spy bot search and ...
    • Re: Port 110 question - I REALLY could use some MVPs help
      ... > the CoolWebSearch virus and one of the things I ... Start by completely disabling Norton Antivirus. ... Most of the MVPs will just tell you not to let NAV scan. ... I was still suspicious (unknown sender!), so I followed the directions on ...