Re: How is Blaster caught?

From: Sheldon (sheldon_at_REMOVEsopris.net)
Date: 08/15/03

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:52:31 GMT

> As someone else said, it catches you. If your system is unpatched, another
> PC on the network infected with the virus will scan random IP addresses
> looking for its next victim...

So, if the PC is scanning for IP addresses, and if your broadband connection
is running through a router, the virus will only see the router and your
computer won't be affected? (That's a question.)

Thanks.

Sheldon
sheldon@sopris.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A Network Cable is Unplugged - Solution
    ... F5D7230-4 Wireless/Cable Gateway Router, and DSL. ... The error message is then replaced by another message "LAN ... for anything to re-establish connectivity with internet sites. ... I tried to get rid of the virus with Norton ...
  • Re: Ebay (Slight Page Problem)
    ... if one PC was set to 1458 like the router and the ... >> was Norton internet secruity on the xp machine i have now uninstalled ... >'extra' firewalls or virus scanners or anything like that. ... >Admittedly nowadays we're behind a NAT based firewall router but even ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: A Very Odd Question
    ... >websites come up, but I can't get into the heart of the website. ... connection to your router via wireless and the problem is elsewhere. ... some of the symptoms sound like a slow or comatose DNS server. ... You have a worm or virus. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Whats Wrong with BCs Pinball site?
    ... your DNS or provider. ... through a google redirect virus. ... Turns out that my router was infected. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: A network problem that is blowing my mind. HELP!!!
    ... that there were virus and trojans on my PC that my original virus ... Did you check the IP lease duration to this computer within the Router. ... I am able to transfer files with no problems. ... Checked the hardware settings ...