Re: Which service to stop to prevent people from accessing my pc

From: DaWulf (dawulf_at_redwhitearmy.com)
Date: 08/13/03

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:38:16 -0400

Perhaps you (or someone else) have installed VNC or some other remote
control software (MS Terminal Services) on your box. You mentioned that
your install was from a "standard company image." Maybe someone should
examine that install image and see what besides XP is getting installed.

Are you actually witnessing the mouse moving around and so forth? There
maybe a script that your Sys Admin has setup to delete certain things at
specified intervals.

I suggest that you exercise caution when downloading things from the
Internet. You might also look into getting some software to check for
Spyware.

Also, I assume that you have some anti-virus software installed with the
latest virus signatures?

--- DaWulf
www.echocct.org
(this answer provided by our public assistance program)

<SNIP>

Relevant Pages

  • Solved! (I think) (Was: Re: An Unexpected Error has occurred)
    ... Losing what's left of my hair over this one... ... I am sure it almost has to be terminal services, ... now behave like it did before I updated the setup builder. ... site and install his "normal" way. ...
  • Re: Installing software in TS session
    ... see the whitepaper on remote desktop and terminal services. ... If what your vendor is saying matches what this whitepaper is showing ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... When you want to install an application on a TS for multiple users, ...
  • Re: COM Add In in Terminal Services?
    ... My client has a COM Add In that they are trying to install on a Windows ... The box admin has installed an Outlook COM Add In (developed by another ... mail message Inspector's toolbar. ... Has anyone experienced anything similar on a box with Terminal Services? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins)
  • Re: newbie question about terminal server
    ... Before you go ahead and install Terminal Services, ... trivial to install and manage applications and printers in a TS ... server will not work correctly in a multi-user environment. ...
  • Re: I would like to setup a computer that will accept up to 5 clients connected simultaneously runni
    ... I would install a separate Terminal Server. ... It's not recommended to run Terminal Services in Application mode ... Be prepared to do some testing, QuickBooks is known to create ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)