Re: [NEWS] Hacker code could unleash Windows worm

From: sigsegv (me_at_privacy.net)
Date: 07/30/03

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:22:19 +1000

Mike wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:50:06 -0700, Neb Revod
> <spammers.biteme@flatline.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <I58Va.526$XV7.442982423@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
>>alun@texis.com says...

>>> Oh-so-balanced an observation on the hysterical basis of our current
>>> media choices, followed by a hysterical note of your own:

>>> More appropriate would be to make it a crime to connect to the Internet
>>> without a firewall.
>>
>>Fair enough, though I hardly feel like my comment qualifies as
>>hysterical. I firmly believe that the irresponsibility of operating an
>>unsercured system connected to the net borders on criminal.
>
> Is leaving your house unlocked a criminal act?

No, but leaving your house unlocked will not cause every other house in the
street to be burned down or burgled.

> Instead of punishing the innocents, why not go after those who are
> breaking into systems and stealing the system resources?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [NEWS] Hacker code could unleash Windows worm
    ... I firmly believe that the irresponsibility of operating an ... > Is leaving your house unlocked a criminal act? ... but leaving your house unlocked will not cause every other house in the ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Terra Nova - Some Reasons Y
    ... So you believe leaving a kid you're operating on to the mercies of a ... person in the room who wasn't already too busy. ... magic operating table. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: The 1300 new carriages dilemma (part 752)
    ... Roland Perry wrote: ... 1300 OR that 1300 would be built and about that many scrapped, leaving ... The first 16 will begin operating on ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: 2000 Sienna - spark plugs
    ... If the engine is operating OK, you might consider leaving them in a ... The newer plugs should last 100K+. ... owner’s manual maintenance schedule. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)