Re: Listening To Ports

From: Joseph Whalen (jwhalen_at_ourbasement.net)
Date: 07/21/03

Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:46:14 -0400

You can also configure another application that starts on boot to bind to
that port (such as a personal web server). The two will conflict, and
depending on which starts first your mysterious application may shoot off an
error identifying itself. Not the cleanest way to flush it out, but it's
been effective for me in times when all other options have failed.