Re: GATOR

From: Doug Fox (dfox168_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/03/03

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:13:26 -0400

Juergen;

Users installed themselves. I am also wondering if the users do not have
administrative priviledges on NT or W2K boxes, how could they install the
software?

BTW, what does AFAIK stand for? I have seen this many times but do not know
what does it mean.

Thanks, Juergen.

"Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in message
> "Doug Fox" <dfox168@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How "dangerous" is gator in a corporate environment? Is it just an
> > adware? Some say that it is a spyware!
>
> AFAIK it tries to send messages about your browsing habits.
>
> > Is there a way to block it? What would be the port(s) and IP
> > address(s)?
>
> Why install it in the first place?
>
> --
> Juergen Nieveler / juergen.nieveler@web.de / PGP supported!
> Fact of life #15: Heads bleed, walls don't

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 2K SP4 and 48-bit LBA default
    ... AFAIK it does not. ... Even if you do an SP4 ... > install the regedit is still necessary before the full drive size will be ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: 2K SP4 and 48-bit LBA default
    ... AFAIK it does not. ... install the regedit is still necessary before the full drive size will be ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: i386/amd64 co-exist
    ... Sean wrote: ... > Is this possible or would I some how have to install the two releases on ... afaik it would have to be a dual-boot with the kerneland programs on ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: GATOR
    ... Some say that it is a spyware! ... AFAIK it tries to send messages about your browsing habits. ... Why install it in the first place? ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: emailing attachments
    ... > Hasn't happened to me or my customers, AFAIK. ... Install the office service packs and it will... ...