Re: TETRA encryption

From: Jim Watt (jimwatt_at_aol.no.way)
Date: 05/07/03

Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:10:10 +0200

On Wed, 7 May 2003 00:28:03 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Swallow"
<am.swallow@eatspam.btinternet.com> wrote:

>Radios able to listen to British Police frequencies
>could be purchased from any good electrical shop.

Not with encryption - which is what I was talking about.

Nor is possession of the actual hardware sufficient to listen to
the traffic. In the same way that the Germans assumed that
enigma machines would be captured, the strength of these
systems depends on the encryption and radios that are
compromised can be disabled over the air.

--
Jim Watt          http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Attaching conditions to RIPA ?
    ... it is shown that that person was in possession of a key to any protected ... since he obviously had the key to its decryption when he did it. ... With public key encryption the encryption and ... be read if you are safely abroad, so you get a computer to generate a ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: lightweight encryption of text file
    ... > encrypt/convert it into a binary file in such a way that possession of ... but for my purposes this would be a good solution. ... the result is an encryption. ... random.shuffle (sequence) ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: lightweight encryption of text file
    ... it into a binary file in such a way that possession of a password allows ... Would something like a binary Vigenere Cipher be sufficient? ... shift = password ... then "lightweight encryption" won't do the ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: [SLE] Root password - is it THAT simple to alter it?
    ... We're all in possession of ... encryption that will defend against quantum computers and ... > No Encryption can' defend against that. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: TETRA encryption
    ... >could be purchased from any good electrical shop. ... Not with encryption - which is what I was talking about. ... Nor is possession of the actual hardware sufficient to listen to ... compromised can be disabled over the air. ...
    (sci.crypt)