Re: How to delete file "entry" AND !!! file "body" on partition? Really delete "recoverable" file space

From: bluejay (
Date: 05/01/03

Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 05:37:01 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Meister wrote:

> Ok, normally when I delete a file under Windows (Win2000) only the file
entry in the file allocation table
> is deleted. The file body resp. the clusters remain untouched. Thats why
undelete tools can recover them.
> But is there a tool for windows which enables me to examine the whole hard
disc (partition) for file space clusters
> which are not currently allocated but still containing stuff?
> These "recoverable" portions of the hard disc should be overwritted and
thus deleted permanently.
> cu
> Peter

Directory Inspector also gives you the choice under the View menu to perused
the entire drive, not just the directory structure.

The link is to this freebie is on my page:

- bluejay at cotse dot com -

Find out for yourself the truth about file erasers
(Freebie Recovery Tools Tell The Real Story )

Relevant Pages