Re: The gambler's fallacy: getting back to even

From: erniegalts (erniegalts@bigpond.com.au)
Date: 04/14/03

From: erniegalts <erniegalts@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:57:34 +1000

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:49:12 -0400, "Michael A. Covington"
<Michael@CovingtonInnovations.com> wrote:

>"Ron Ruble" <raffles2@att.net> wrote in message
>
>> Nice example. Sometimes this kind of thing is like a
>> natural disaster: flood, hurricane, earthquake, etc.
>>
>> You can't win by arguing with the storm about how
>> unfair it all is. But if you treat the storm as something
>> you can't control, you can put yourself in a position
>> where the storms can't bother you.
>
>Well said. I don't like to hear small business owners complain about how
>the world somehow owes them a living -- or a lack of competition -- or
>such-and-such kind of economy -- et cetera. I'm a scientist. I'm
>accustomed to grappling with things that are not completely understood by
>any human being. I like the challenge.
>
>BTW, will someone tell me which newsgroup they are actually reading this in?
>The current cross-post set is bizarre. I'm reading it in
>sci.electronics.design.

Slackness on the part of most posters. They should get a decent
newsgroup program such as "Agent Forte", or at least should designate
their newsgroup.

However, if you have any interesting postings from Christian groups,
don't hesitate post here. Some of us are interested.

erniegalts
[Australia]
[misc.survivalism]

Relevant Pages

  • Summer of 2001 or Delphi
    ... attacks and Gary Condit. ... It was a true "lull before the storm". ... myself rather bored with this newsgroup right now, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Goodbye microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
    ... I've been bitching up a storm on newsgroups for YEARS. ... damn Access newsgroup. ... Mike Ober. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Advice ? Whats it worth ?
    ... >>> A ransom situation. ... Storm the building I say. ... >> This newsgroup seems to have some gems today, and I'd like to thank you ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Advice ? Whats it worth ?
    ... >> A ransom situation. ... Storm the building I say. ... > This newsgroup seems to have some gems today, and I'd like to thank you ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: The gamblers fallacy: getting back to even
    ... > You can't win by arguing with the storm about how ... > unfair it all is. ... But if you treat the storm as something ... will someone tell me which newsgroup they are actually reading this in? ...
    (comp.security.misc)