Re: May America lose the Iraq war

From: David Powell (ddotpowell@icuknet.co.uk)
Date: 03/29/03

From: David Powell <ddotpowell@icuknet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:27:39 +0000

In article <1075.217T900T7793917@kltpzyxm.invalid>,
 "Charlie Gibbs" <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid> in alt.folklore.computers
wrote:

>In article <270320031529242225%newsreply1@erstesoft.com>
>newsreply1@erstesoft.com (Ron Hunsinger) writes:
>
>> In article <LRtfa.32$lP.16@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>, "Dean Kent"
>> <dkent@realworldtech.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've heard of air brakes on trucks, so would planes use ground
>>> brakes?
>>
>> The four elements are Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.
>>
>> Water vehicles (boats) use anchors (earth brakes).
>> Earth vehicles (trains and trucks) use pneumatic (air) brakes.
>> Air vehicles (airplanes) use hydraulic (water) control systems.
>>
>> I'm not quite sure what happened to the fire. I think it just sort of
>> accumulates at the end of the chain, and is released whenever an air
>> vehicle tries to a mountain (earth) to brake with.
>
>You mean air vehicles use fire brakes? That makes sense.
>After all, fire trucks use air brakes.

I saw a documentary on the making of the Boeing 777 on Tv. One of the
tests was to land it, and get it stopped using only the friction
brakes on the landing gear. It made it, but by the time it had
stopped, all of the wheels were well ablaze. The test was considered
"successful". :-(

Regards,

David P.