Re: May America lose the Iraq war

From: David Powell (ddotpowell@icuknet.co.uk)
Date: 03/29/03

From: David Powell <ddotpowell@icuknet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:27:39 +0000

In article <1075.217T900T7793917@kltpzyxm.invalid>,
 "Charlie Gibbs" <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid> in alt.folklore.computers
wrote:

>In article <270320031529242225%newsreply1@erstesoft.com>
>newsreply1@erstesoft.com (Ron Hunsinger) writes:
>
>> In article <LRtfa.32$lP.16@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>, "Dean Kent"
>> <dkent@realworldtech.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've heard of air brakes on trucks, so would planes use ground
>>> brakes?
>>
>> The four elements are Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.
>>
>> Water vehicles (boats) use anchors (earth brakes).
>> Earth vehicles (trains and trucks) use pneumatic (air) brakes.
>> Air vehicles (airplanes) use hydraulic (water) control systems.
>>
>> I'm not quite sure what happened to the fire. I think it just sort of
>> accumulates at the end of the chain, and is released whenever an air
>> vehicle tries to a mountain (earth) to brake with.
>
>You mean air vehicles use fire brakes? That makes sense.
>After all, fire trucks use air brakes.

I saw a documentary on the making of the Boeing 777 on Tv. One of the
tests was to land it, and get it stopped using only the friction
brakes on the landing gear. It made it, but by the time it had
stopped, all of the wheels were well ablaze. The test was considered
"successful". :-(

Regards,

David P.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Introduction and Backstory Noodle
    ... All magic is earth, air, fire and water--or, of course some combination. ... wet: Air, Water, Sanguis, Phlegma ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Latin pronunciation puzzle
    ... name for a special sort of earth; ... a beam of fiery air we call a laser beam is pointing at the ... Alphabet, the tradiotional phonemes, you can't follow me. ... and fire of the ancient Greeks silly. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Introduction and Backstory Noodle
    ... All magic is earth, air, fire and water--or, of course some combination. ... air, fire and water. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: New elements named
    ... Earth to be renamed johnium, fire to become ... air is nigellium of course. ... I can't think of one for water, ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Dowlands lyrics - what do they mean?
    ... Fire heate shall loose and frosts of flames be borne, ... Earth, heaven, fire, ayre, the world transform’d shall vew, ... I swear that the Earth, with all its flowers would be set up in the skies, and the stars of the heavens would move ... clear will prove to be as black as Hell; Earth, heaven, fire and air, the whole world will be seen transformed, ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)