Re: May America lose the Iraq war

From: Faust (urfaust@optushome.com.au)
Date: 03/19/03

From: Faust <urfaust@optushome.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:22:20 +1100

Faust <urfaust@optushome.com.au> writes:
> If you read Caesar's Gallic wars carefully, you can see the accounts of the
> atrocities that he perpetrated. One strategy was to ask a fortified city
> to surrender. If they did not surrender at once, he laid seige, conquered
> and then slaughtered every single inhabitant, man, woman and child.

Sorry to follow up to myself :-)

This was quite pragmatic since the following cities would capitulate as
soon as the Romans appeared on the horizon.

Unfortunately this tactic failed to work with the Germans who were
simply more terrifying than the Romans.

Four centuries of attacks on the Romans by the Goths followed, which
contributed to the final destruction of Imperial Rome.

I wonder whether the USA's attack on Islam will meet a similar fate.
Muslims seem to be as resilient as the Goths.

--
Breathing in, out,
forward, back,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: May America lose the Iraq war
    ... >> If you read Caesar's Gallic wars carefully, you can see the accounts of ... If they did not surrender at once, he laid seige, ... > soon as the Romans appeared on the horizon. ... > Four centuries of attacks on the Romans by the Goths followed, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: human origins
    ... That would be the Sitchin mentioned here I trust? ... We accept your surrender now. ... Romans 2:24 revised: ... "For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you ...
    (talk.origins)