Anonymous login forced by IE 6.0

From: Peter (pt98pba@student.bth.se)
Date: 03/10/03

From: pt98pba@student.bth.se (Peter)
Date: 10 Mar 2003 05:36:35 -0800

When I try to reach an intranet page, IE6 tries to log me in as
'anonymous'. It should automatically log me in using the Windows 2000
login and password, but is not. The problem only occurs from one
specific computer, i.e. the bug must be a local problem.

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
/e/intranet/main.asp, line 8

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Peter

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Tweak UI Autologon..
    ... Do not use control userpasswords2 to create accounts if you are using XP ... Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and in Microsoft Windows XP Professional ... In the Automatically Log On window, type the password in the Password ... How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Tweak UI Autologon..
    ... Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and in Microsoft Windows XP Professional ... In the Automatically Log On window, type the password in the Password ... Data Type: REG_SZ ... Automatic logon requires that the DefaultDomainName and DefaultUserName ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Auto Logon Shift key override does not work
    ... during boot up does not bring up the windows logon screen. ... automatically boots to the account I set up to automatically log on. ... I set auto logon using Start | Run | control userpasswords2 and don't have the ForceAutoLogon entry or the DefaultPassword entry with my password showing. ... Click to highlight the name of the user you want to automatically log on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • User Log off
    ... Does anyone know of group policies, software, configurations that will ... automatically log a user off after a specific amount of time? ... Shutdown which is a small app that "overloads" the shutdown of Windows ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: User Log off
    ... Does anyone know of group policies, software, configurations that will ... automatically log a user off after a specific amount of time? ... small app that "overloads" the shutdown of Windows and among other things ...
    (Security-Basics)