Re: Found unknown port mapping to port 59 in router, advise requested

From: John Schneider (john@bizopz.com)
Date: 03/02/03

From: "John Schneider" <john@bizopz.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:38:39 GMT

Thanks for the advice. I'm checking into it. I'll report what I can
discover -- John

"Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in message
> "John Schneider" <john@bizopz.com> wrote:
>
> > I found an some IPROUTES in my router I did not create and that I do
> > not understand. I found a port mapping to a workstation for port 59.
> > I also found an IP ROUTE to some public IPs I do not recognize for
> > port 59. What can/should I do?
>
> First: Change the password on the router. Immediately.
>
> Second: Replace the user workstation, and make sure the user cannot
> install software on it
>
> Third: Examine the workstation you took from the user for any unknown
> software.
>
> --
> Juergen Nieveler
> Support the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide: http://www.dhmo.org/
> "The people united can never be ignited!"- Sgt. Colon, Ankh-Morpork Watch
> http://bofh.gmxhome.de / juergen.nieveler@web.de / PGP Supported!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ssh - cannot log in
    ... tcp dpt:xdmcp ... Sounds like your router isn't forwarding port 22 traffic to your box ... workstation has that IP. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ssh - cannot log in
    ... David Katz wrote: ... I want to force my workstation to have the internal address 192.168.1.140 ... so that my router will forward port 22 to the right machine - it's set up ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: VPN setup for dummies
    ... Did you run the RRAS wizard and the CEICW wizard? ... telnet to your public IP on port 1723? ... > I am trying to set up a vpn connection from home (XP home/netgear router) ... On the workstation the firewall settings say they are being ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Found unknown port mapping to port 59 in router, advise requested
    ... I found a port mapping to a workstation for port 59. ... Change the password on the router. ... install software on it ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Seperate 2 network segments (on a sheo string)
    ... Port to the router would have both vlans. ... You could do the bridging with ICS on a workstation but you could accomplish ... the same thing by loading ZoneAlarm on segment2s pcs and deny access to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)