Re: my computer was attacked, info please

From: John Smith (nospam@nospam.edy)
Date: 12/05/02

From: "John Smith" <nospam@nospam.edy>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:33:08 -0500

> Generally they are looking to hack into FTP systems in order to set up
> warez distribution sites.

Wondering why do they bother on still doing this? Isn't it a waste of time
to set up a [hacked] ftp site or a BBS (like the good old days) in order to
distribute warez, when Kazaa, Morpeus, Grokster, P2P software is out there?

I simply don't get it...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: my computer was attacked, info please
    ... > Generally they are looking to hack into FTP systems in order to set up ... > warez distribution sites. ... Wondering why do they bother on still doing this? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: my computer was attacked, info please
    ... >>> Generally they are looking to hack into FTP systems in order to set up ... >>> warez distribution sites. ... >Ah yes, but all of _those_ tools use the pirate's own bandwidth, and are ... Is there any hints that a site is a "honeypot"? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)