Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers

From: Tracker (sunshineXKR@msn.com)
Date: 11/21/02

From: Tracker <sunshineXKR@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:53:24 +0300

Damian Menscher wrote:

> In comp.security.misc Ned Flanders <nedfla@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Damian Menscher <menscher+security@uiuc.edu> said (and I quote):
> >>
> >> Obviously not, my top-posting friend.
>
> > OHMIGOD I'VE BEEN H4X0Red(or however the *** the script kiddies spell it
> > these days)
>
> Again, how do you know?
>
> Just trying to point out that the average computer user isn't
> qualified to say whether they've been hacked. I once had a really
> hard time convincing a website they'd been hacked. They looked at
> their system, saw normal activity, didn't see any obvious evidence
> of a compromise, and told me I must be mistaken. I had to walk
> them through the various changes the intruder had made, and show
> them logs (on their machine) of his activities. Eventually they
> believed me.
>
> Damian Menscher

Amen man. Your totally right on, thanks for the post.

Tracker

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers
    ... >>> Just trying to point out that the average computer user isn't ... >>> their system, saw normal activity, didn't see any obvious evidence ... >>> Damian Menscher ... "Without knowledge you have fear, With fear you create your own nightmares" ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers
    ... >>> Just trying to point out that the average computer user isn't ... >>> their system, saw normal activity, didn't see any obvious evidence ... >>> Damian Menscher ... "Without knowledge you have fear, With fear you create your own nightmares" ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers
    ... >>> Just trying to point out that the average computer user isn't ... >>> their system, saw normal activity, didn't see any obvious evidence ... >>> Damian Menscher ... "Without knowledge you have fear, With fear you create your own nightmares" ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Trojan Horses Popular To The Malicious Hackers
    ... >> Just trying to point out that the average computer user isn't ... >> their system, saw normal activity, didn't see any obvious evidence ... >> them through the various changes the intruder had made, ... >> Damian Menscher ...
    (microsoft.public.security)