Re: site to check browser security

From: Shaolin Tiger (shaolin@*no-*pgen*-spam*.net)
Date: 05/19/02

From: "Shaolin Tiger" <shaolin@*no-*pgen*-spam*.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 00:58:54 +0100

"Hapril" <hapril@deadspam.com> wrote in message
news:rp1ceu40118uaf63kmo8lhati3h2j3461g@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 18 May 2002 04:19:45 GMT, "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > With so many Internet Explorer volunerability issues. Does anyone
> >know of any website which can check a browser to see if it is
> >volunerable? I have not upgrade my IE 4.0x. Microsoft did not mention
> >security issue about the browser. I'm not sure if it is because it
> >is safe, or they simply dropped supporting it.

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=321

I'd recommend Opera wholeheartidly.

3.2MB Download without Java.

Totally secure AFAIK :)

My browser of choice.

HTH

Shaolin

--

.: http://www.security-forums.com :.

Share your knowledge. It's a way to acheive Immortality.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: site to check browser security
    ... >> With so many Internet Explorer volunerability issues. ... >>know of any website which can check a browser to see if it is ... >>security issue about the browser. ... Totally secure AFAIK:) ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • site to check browser security
    ... With so many Internet Explorer volunerability issues. ... know of any website which can check a browser to see if it is ... security issue about the browser. ... or they simply dropped supporting it. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • site to check browser security
    ... With so many Internet Explorer volunerability issues. ... know of any website which can check a browser to see if it is ... security issue about the browser. ... or they simply dropped supporting it. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: site to check browser security
    ... > With so many Internet Explorer volunerability issues. ... >security issue about the browser. ... provides a proxy server and if you are using it or not, ... Other browsers aren't targeted to the extent that Internet Explorer is ...
    (comp.security.misc)