PORTS

From: rcowan (r.cowan@motorola.com)
Date: 05/30/02

From: r.cowan@motorola.com (rcowan)
Date: 29 May 2002 17:09:56 -0700

I did a scan on my sytem and found 110 ports were open. What's the
best way to learn how to close ports that aren't being used and
tighten up security. I'm running Small Business Server, WIN2K.

Relevant Pages

  • PORTS
    ... I did a scan on my sytem and found 110 ports were open. ... I'm running Small Business Server, WIN2K. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: PORTS
    ... > I did a scan on my sytem and found 110 ports were open. ... WIN2K. ... this will involve uninstalling or disabling software that is ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: PORTS
    ... > I did a scan on my sytem and found 110 ports were open. ... WIN2K. ... this will involve uninstalling or disabling software that is ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Win2K FireWall
    ... >> Well,if you're not concerened about outbound protection, then it may ... I looked at Win2k FW and it didn't seem that bad. ... >> well as any other host based FW. ... > that listen on various ports and may thus be hackable. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [OT] Win2k blocks ports to my ISPs pop3 & smtp
    ... I recommend downloading wireshark for win2k. ... smtp respective ports, though it can ping them without problem. ... PS. plz don't flame this poor guy in this terrible situation. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)