A question about web security mechanism

From: Chenghuai Lu (lulu@cc.gatech.edu)
Date: 05/24/02

From: "Chenghuai Lu" <lulu@cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:31:03 -0400

After I logged into my discover card account, I click refresh bottom in my
browser. My web brower show the dialog that "The page cannot be refreshed
without resending the information. Click Retry to send the information
again, or click Cancel to return to the page that you were trying to view.".
If I choose Retry, my information is sent and the page is reloaded. While
for cancel, the page cannot be reloaded.

My question is, what is the mechanism this website use for security? what
kind of information is re-sent? I assume that this is different from use of
session cookie since browser won't popup the dialog box when I refresh the
page in my yahoo mail account.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks.

Lu

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A question about web security mechanism
    ... >After I logged into my discover card account, I click refresh bottom in my ... >session cookie since browser won't popup the dialog box when I refresh the ... the form told the web site to perform some action, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: A question about web security mechanism
    ... >After I logged into my discover card account, I click refresh bottom in my ... >session cookie since browser won't popup the dialog box when I refresh the ... the form told the web site to perform some action, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • A question about web security mechanism
    ... After I logged into my discover card account, I click refresh bottom in my ... or click Cancel to return to the page that you were trying to view.". ... session cookie since browser won't popup the dialog box when I refresh the ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Error refreshing a web page
    ... since my work has nothing to do with commerce, ... browser to pop up such a specific message, ... Environment: VS 2005 team developer, AJAX extensions, .NET 2.0. ... The browser's refresh button works fine UNTIL I click the button on the ...
  • Re: Code to "click" a button -- is this possible?
    ... Once the client receives ... look at is that the web server simply makes a suggestion to the browser. ... will refresh another frame called "Main"? ... I have frames set up in an asp.net application and need one frame to ...