Re: CISSP Exam Time of Day?

From: JWMeritt (jwmeritt@aol.com)
Date: 05/07/02

From: jwmeritt@aol.com (JWMeritt)
Date: 07 May 2002 15:45:16 GMT

NetEng asked:
>Do you have any good sources for the CISSP?

Have you tried www.isc2.org?

There have been a few articles:

1. "Testing Your Mettle: The Six-Hour, 250-Question CISSP Exam" at
http://certcities.com/editorial/exams/story.asp?EditorialsID=25

2. "Secure With Your Security Pros' at
http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO48432,00.html

3. "New IS Security Requisites " at
http://www.informationweek.com/765/65uwjm.htm

4. "Security Demand Increases" at
http://www.antiOnline.com/2001/07/03/DMRG/0000-5784-KEYWORD.Missing.html

5. "Hunt for Security" at http://www.informationweek.com/632/32mtsec.htm

6. "Need Security? Get a real expert!" at
http://www.informationweek.com/780/80uwjm.htm

7. "Secure With Your Security Pros" at
http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO48432,00.html

8. "FAA to develop security certification" at
http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2000/0814/web-faa-08-15-00.asp

9. "BNA'S HEALTH CARE POLICY REPORT ISSN 1068-1213 BNA 11-23-98" at
http://www.isc2.org/newscissparticles.html#BNA
10. "Computers at Risk - Safe Computing in the Information Age" at
http://www.isc2.org/newscissparticles.html#risk
11. "A Look at CISSP Certification" at
http://www.scmagazine.com/scmagazine/1998_04/lastword/lastword.html
12. "Should you take the CISSP exam?" at http://www.gocsi.com/cissp.htm
13. "New security certification program draws feds" at
http://www.gcn.com/vol20_no3/news/3641-1.html
14. "What Does CISSP Mean?" at http://www.miora.com/articles/art-cissp.html
15. "Certification: For Professionals Only " at
http://www.scmagazine.com/scmagazine/9705/article4.html (also CISA)
16. "Stay Safe In An Unsafe World" at
http://www.informationweek.com/784/security.htm
17. "Sizing up Security Services " at
http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47-81_STO54345,00.html
18. "Wanted: Security Superman" at
http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO51025,00.html
19. "Some security training and certification options " at
http://www.fcw.com/supplements/Security/2000/sec-cert-04-10-00.asp
20. "FAA infosec workers get lift " at
http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2000/0918/mgt-faa-09-18-00.asp
21. "Does Your Organization Need a CISSP?" at
http://advisor.com/Articles.nsf/aid/SHAUK03
22. "Certifiably secured" at
http://iwsun4.infoworld.com/articles/ca/xml/01/07/09/010709casecurity.xml
23. "Information Security Certification: A Rule of Thumb " at
http://www.netspace.net.au/~newdawn/47b.html
24. 10 Hottest Certifications for 2002 at
http://www.certcities.com/editorial/features/story.asp?EditorialsID=37
25. "Techies turn to security training - Credentials can be a
differentiator" at
http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2002/0107/mgt-train-01-07-02.asp
26. "Tiny Slices Of Opportunity for Jobless Techies (washingtonpost.com)
" at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6460-2002Jan6.html
27. "WhiteHat Fights Cyber Crime in the Classroom; First Line of Defence
Starts in the Classroom" at
http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/020111/xgrzj9zrldlczj_gzyuzqa_1.html

28. "A Certified Waste of Time" at
http://www.net-security.org/cgi-bin/news.cgi?url=http://online.securityfoc
us.com/columnists/67
29. "WHERE ARE YOU? " at http://vnunet.com/News/1131410

And a buncha books...

James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IT auditor
    ... do I need to have a bachelor degree and accounting ... I'm a desktop support technician for 2 years and working in IT ... I plan to take CISA and later CISSP. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: studying guide/book for CISSP
    ... I am planning to take "CISA" in next year. ... Tips to aim for that exam. ... Kiran Maraju, CISSP ... > your personal library are the 'Information Security Management Handbook' ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security+
    ... CISA Articles ... I've heard mention of the CISSP ... and have seen articles on the Security+. ... I wanted to get one Cert this year and it going to be CISSP. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: RE: The Value of GIAC/GSEC Certification
    ... The Exams of a GIAC are not unless going for the higher level Multi-Certs. ... I have Mult GIAC as well as CISSP and CISA so feel like I can speak with some auth. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Denied the CISSP, what are oher options
    ... I'm passing my CISA on the 14 of june and from my study and experience with ISACA i'm more then satisfied and impressed. ... I do belive how ever that CISA also has a code of ethic, i dont know why you would not pass CISSP but CISA may also be as strict, you would have to double check with your history. ... Due to a facebook "breach of ethics" violation at work I don't think I will be getting this cert due to the code of ethics associated with the CISSP. ... Most postings for security analysts want a CISSP or a degree. ...
    (Security-Basics)