Re: md5 hashing

From: Jem Berkes (jb_dontuse@pc9.org)
Date: 05/05/02

From: Jem Berkes <jb_dontuse@pc9.org>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 04:10:29 GMT

>> i'm looking for a simple windows application which will >calculate
>> the md5
> hash of a file.
>
> You should also be able to go to google and try looking for
> 'md5sum.exe'. its really small, like 50k, has a gui and is really easy
> to use. If you can't find it re-post and I'll point you to a page you
> can get it.

I got one freeware for win32, but it's console.

http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/console/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: md5 hashing
    ... > i'm looking for a simple windows application which will>calculate the md5 ... hash of a file. ... You should also be able to go to google and try looking for 'md5sum.exe'. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Checksum - OT?
    ... > hash off a CDROM mounted as a letter drive on windows, ... > to me there's a free md5 utility out there that can do it. ... I googled for md5 utils for windows and ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • ftp root from windows
    ... What should I do to login as root from XP windows to Solaris 10. ... I know I can hash the line of console in /etc/login file but tht will ... work from SUN to SUN not from WINDOWS to SUN. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Best way to encrypt password in database.
    ... Yep, that's the traditional way to do it, hash the password every logon ... If you password hashes ... The fix is to add a salt to thwart the rainbow tables and a have the ... Oh and BTW, never use MD5 for anything security related, it is broken ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Rand generator (MD5)
    ... My micro cannot handle anything more than 32 bits! ... YOu do not have MD5. ... It does not sound to me like your hash implimentation is very ... void byteReverse(unsigned char *buf, unsigned longs); ...
    (sci.crypt)